Originally priced in 1965 at $31,990. A real classic with its original bow chrome plate logo, this is the famous model that started the new era of fiberglass construction by Chris-Craft, at the time known as the Rolls Royce of the marine industry.
As quoted from one of their original brochures "The 38' Commander Express cruiser was the pivotal boat in the development of the fiberglass technology".
The 38' Commander was the first model in the Commander fiberglass series introduced at the New York Boat Show in 1964. This is one of the first one.
Full length keel,
The Detroit Diesel V8 Series 92 engine was rebuild in the states at a cost of $9,200 and only used to reach Rio Dulce.
Diesel 450gls capacity.
The following was new in 2012 and only used from Florida to Guatemala.
- Stand-up refrigerator, microwave, Electric and Gas stove, and counter in galley.
- Cushions and V-birth mattress.
- 12" Garmin 3210 GPS/Chartplotter with complete manual.
- VHF radio.
- Aluminum Risers and hoses.
- Central Marine Air AIC system.
- All electrical wiring system with PanelTronics electrical panel, alternator.
- 2 X 8D batteries and charger.
- All bilge pumps.
- Electric toilet.
- Flood/Search light.
- Cockpit canopy.
Lugger Generator 20hp in excellent working condition. Teak transom. The hull was done two years ago and some. light wood finishing work inside.
This boat is in good condition.
Check the commander owner's website.
and the commander forum with lots of info on the commander 38.